Wednesday 25 September 2013

How The Wolf Project Came To Be!

How The Wolf Project Came To Be!

I never expected to write a novel! No, that isn’t entirely true; I had stopped expecting to write a novel!

Oh, yes, early in life, I had big ideas about writing something “important.”

No, not an “everyday” novel that people would enjoy and then put down to get on with the rest of their lives. I wanted to write a work of "literature".

Did I set the bar too high? I don’t think so! I think just didn’t understand the sheer hard work and talent that goes into producing that novel that people enjoy and then put down.

Anyway, I didn't write a book and I got on with what I considered to be “real” life. I stopped expecting to write a novel.

I’ve written elsewhere about then starting to blog and the discipline in writing every day that serious blogging brings with it.  So, when I started blogging a few years ago, writing prose of all kinds became a thing of habit.
  
Still I had no expectations on the novel writing front.

In June 2012, things changed. I went to bed one Friday night expecting nothing out of the ordinary. But when I woke up next morning, life had changed. I’d had a dream.

I don’t know what else happened in my dream, except at one point I was walking down a country road.  I could see something that looked like a jeep coming towards me. It stopped and out of  got a figure in uniform. He stood before me looking me straight in the eye with a challenge.

I told my partner Owen that I had dreamed about an American General and I was going to write a novel. I wrote The Wolf Project and the hero, of course, is the charismatic, General Jet Meadows.

You can find The Wolf Project on Amazon at these links

UK Bookstore

US Bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment